Click on the “Envato Market” icon from the left sidebar.
Here you have two options:
- Global OAuth Personal Token
- Single Use OAuth Personal Tokens: This works for individual items and additionally requires the Envato Market item ID. This is useful for a freelancer who has installed themes and/or plugins on a client site.
To generate your personal token, click on this link & login using your Envato Market login details.
Copy & paste your unique token into the Envato settings inside your WordPress dashboard.
Click on “Save Changes”.
Once you have configured this properly, you will see a screen where you can install or update your already purchased plugins & themes.
- Backup your site.
- Consider using a development environment. This is a great place to test updates with your customizations to see how your site is affected.
- Download the file from your ThemeForest account.
- Unzip theme-name.zip on your computer.
- Rename the theme folder to theme-name-update.
- Connect to your server via FTP and navigate to your /wp-content/themes/ directory.
- Drag and drop the theme-name-updating folder into your themes directory.
- Upon completion, rename the previous theme folder to theme-old.
- Rename theme-name-update to theme-name. Your site will now be at the latest version.
- Delete the theme-old folder.
Many issues that you may run into such as; white screen, demo content fails when importing, empty page content and other similar issues are all related to low PHP configuration limits. The solution is to increase the PHP limits. You can do this on your own, or contact your web host and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows: