- Backup your site.
- Consider using a development environment. This is a great place to test updates with your customizations to see how your site is affected.
- Download the file from your ThemeForest account.
- Unzip eyewear.zip on your computer.
- Rename the theme folder to theme-name-update.
- Connect to your server via FTP and navigate to your /wp-content/themes/ directory.
- Drag and drop the theme-name-updating folder into your themes directory.
- Upon completion, rename the previous theme folder to theme-old.
- Rename theme-name-update to theme-name. Your site will now be at the latest version.
- Delete the theme-old folder.
Many issues that you may run into such as; white screen, demo content fails when importing, empty page content and other similar issues are all related to low PHP configuration limits. The solution is to increase the PHP limits. You can do this on your own, or contact your web host and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows: